500 William Danforth Way
Gray Summit, MO 63039
For more than 80 years, Purina has been a leader in pet care and nutrition. As part of our mission to show the world the true potential of pets, Purina has been hosting outdoor dog shows and sporting events for the past 16 years and has become an important partner of kennel and parent breed clubs. With the opening of the Purina Event Center, Purina Farms has become a full-service destination for cat and dog enthusiasts who want to host, participate in or attend an indoor or outdoor show.
The Purina Event Center, an 84,000-square-foot state-of-the-art indoor facility that opened in August 2010, can accommodate even the largest of dog and cat shows and performance events, and includes all the amenities to make every event exceptional.
- The Great Hall is a 45,000-square-foot main exhibition space featuring custom-textured sport flooring that is padded for optimal comfort and safety. Space for 150 overflow grooming stations is available in the hall.
- The Gateway Hall is a 13,500-square-foot space for benching and grooming, and features easy access to the dog bathing room and handler changing rooms. It also serves as an excellent exhibition hall for smaller shows and trials. Ample electricity accommodates more than 150 grooming stations.
- Lighting in both exhibition spaces is designed to approximate natural sunlight, helping provide the best showcase for dogs’ and cats’ coats.
- The fully equipped show office has a built-in sound system, as well as a phone, office equipment and both work and storage space.
- The Checkerboard Café, adjacent to the Great Hall, provides food service at all shows and banquet catering by reservation. No outside food is allowed on the property.
- The Founder's Room on the second level offers an excellent view of all activities taking place below and can accommodate banquets, meetings and special receptions. The balcony off the Founder's Room also offers scenic views of the main exhibition space, and is ideal for recording shows.
- A large conference room is located away from the exhibition halls on the second floor, as well.
- The Service Center, located East of the Purina Event Center, features an exam room, meeting space, showering facilities, dog bathing tubs and off-leash canine exercise areas.
- The Purina Event Center offers complimentary agility, rally and obedience equipment as well as ring gating, tables and chairs.
- Artificial turf (90 x 110 rings) is available upon request for indoor agility trials.
- We provide ample parking for vehicles, as well as full-service RV spaces with 30&50 amp electric, water and sewer connections
- There are multiple drop-off lanes for exhibitors and clubs to load and unload supplies and equipment.
- A separate loading dock is located on the west side of the building for large deliveries.
- Two special tribute walkways, the Walk of Champions and the Path of Honor, lead to the north and south entrances of the building.
- Wi-Fi available inside the Purina Event Center and the adjacent RV lot
Agility at the Purina Event Center
Artificial turf is available for agility trials at the Purina Event Center
Herding and Trial Field
The spacious 10-acre Herding and Trial Field makes a superb location for herding competitions, lure coursing or for oval or straight-track whippet races. Developed specifically for field and test competitions, the field is perfect for sanctioned events.
The Herding and Trial Field has three fenced-in areas that can be used for herding. These areas include a lighted 100’ x 200’ A-Course, a completely fenced B-Course of about 10 acres that includes holding pens and a lighted round pen suitable for beginning dogs and instinct testing. Gravel parking is provided, as well as tents and equipment.
Purina Farms also supplies more than 150 Katahdin/Barbados Cross sheep that are accustomed to being herded. There is no fee for use of the sheep or the field. Although the ducks are not supplied, the Herding and Trial Field also features a 60' x 100' duck arena.